Sunday, April 17, 2011

I'm "That" Blogger :(

Yep, the type of blogger that I used to despise is now me. I can't even remember the last time I read anyone's blog let alone posted on my own. Tsk tsk. I'm hoping to get back on track now. I finished school on Friday (2 months early, yahoo) and just have my practicum left which starts May 9th. And then fingers crossed, I will find a job soon thereafter! I'm already daydreaming of my first paycheck! Yoyo is doing awesome! Omg, he's almost 3!!! Crazy how fast this last year flew by! We just finished swimming lessons, which let me say went WAY better than the first time back in S'toon...no ripping off my top, thank heavens! He started Canskate lessons a couple weeks ago and it's not going so well. The kid can skate REALLY well for his age but for these lessons parents aren't allowed on the ice and so he cries the whole time....strange rink, strange people, and maybe just a wee bit of a momma's boy ;) His academic skills are coming along, slowly but surely. He can count to 12 (as long as you don't ask him to), knows most of colors (once again, as long as you aren't asking him), and can almost sing his abc's. So maybe not where he should be, but excels in other areas so I'm not worried. And, the kid is finally watching tv! Yay for me! Well he still won't sit and watch tv but he will watch a few choice movies (Shrek, Monsters, and Up only). And although I don't want him to start loking it too much, it is soooo helpful when I'm trying to make supper or whatever and it's awesome for getting in some snuggle time with my little man! Now I'm off to catch up on some of your blogs...I'll post again soon with some pictures!

5 comments:

BCMommy said...

HI Ricki!

Glad you are back!

FYI, Yonas is doing awesome academically. He's almost 3? I teach Kindergarten, and our main curriculum for the end of K in June (kids are 5 turning 6 in 2011) is that they can count to 10 & know how many each number represents, and say and identify abc's and their sounds. The fact that he is counting to 12 already is awesome!!

Good work, Mama!!!

Claire

Anonymous said...

Gasp. Rub eyes. Rub eyes again. Check lighting on computer screen.

It's really true. A POST!!!

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Ranavan said...

Welcome back :)

Dancin' Momma said...

OMG! It's alive! Playdate, coffee and tidbits are required ASAP!

hazel said...

Wee hee! A new post (I'm one to talk...)!

Yonas sounds like he is doing fantastically - I can't wait for some new pics!