Thursday, January 28, 2010

21 Months!

Today, my sweet boy, you turn 21 months old!  It's hard to believe how fast you are growing up.  You are changing and learning new things every day and it's exciting to watch.  You are talking so much now.  You still do your constant babble in a language that only you understand but as you learn new words that is slowly diminishing (sniff sniff).

We have been working on your manners and now you know to say "please" (peees) when you want something and "thank you" (tinktoo) when it is given to you.  Sometimes you get a little ahead of yourself and miss the please and go straight to the thank you. 

You say the word "done" when you are finished doing something or think you are ready to be let out of time out. 

You have so many words in your vocabulary that I can't even begin to list them.  One of your favourite things to do is name all of the people you know (which of course then I have to repeat each person)...this can go on or a looong time.

You are still a busy boy, but will now sit with mommy for some cuddles and read a book.  You also do this fake cry and bring your "bam bam" (blankie) then bury your face in my chest while you "cry".  It's great for mommy cuz I get extra snuggles this way.

You are just starting to enjoy the whole drawing/colouring thing but must be closely surpervised in order to save the walls and whatever else from being decorated with your artwork.

You are becoming more independent and with that comes the knowledge of what you want or don't want.  And when things don't go your way, you now throw little tantrums.  I am trying to be persistent and not give in but some days are harder than others to do that.

You are very smart and know what you can't play with or touch...however this doesn't stop you.  If I can't see you, I can hear you say "no" or "don't" and then I know you are about to do something you aren't supposed to.  One day you will learn to not give yourself away so easily and when that happens I'll know that if it's quiet it probably means trouble!

You love to play with other kids and are usually drawn to the older ones (especially the girls!) but are still wary around adults you don't know.

And as always, you love to dance.  I try so hard to get this on video but as soon as the camera comes out you stop and say "cheeeese!".  One day I will just have to try and be super sneaky.

Well, little man, you are growing up at a rapid pace and sometimes I wish I could stop time for a bit.  But that's the life of a parent and what reminds us to enjoy these moments while they are here.  I love you lots lil' yoyo :)

This is your first time sitting at the island eating your breakfast.


You were pretty proud of yourself!


This morning I was in the kitchen and I heard you calling out "tuck, tuck" (stuck).  Apparently you figured out how to climb up onto this window but couldn't get back down.



You and me just goofing around this morning!

10 comments:

Dancin' Momma said...

Oh love the update! They do grow up sooooooo fast. :(

Brendan and Mary said...

What a great post! You better keep your on eye that little cutie...that picture of him on window sill is priceless :)

Mary

Dianne said...

Oh the sweetness! Happy 21 months, Yonas!

bcbevans said...

Ricki

He is TOO cute... wow.. where has the time gone? So glad you are back blogging. Enjoy all the little moments of motherhood.

Crystal

june said...

ok the window scaling is a little scary. Hope all your furniture is bolted to the wall. ;) That's a fine line in cheezy grins there, too!

Anonymous said...

Love him on the window, he's like a mini spiderman! How quickly they grown, sniff, sniff is right.

Anonymous said...

Happy 21 Months, Yonas!

Ricki, I would love to see video and hear him chatting away. No pressure.

hazel

Dallas, Lisa, Zane, and Ayana said...

Hey Ricki! Welcome back to the blogging world... Glad to see that you & your lil man are so happy!
I don't seem to have tons of time for blogs lately, but when I do, I'll be sure to visit yours!
Lisa

Ranavan said...

Well, I guess he is a daredevil in training!

I miss you guys - but a trip to Edmonton will definitely planned toot suite!

Connie said...

Hey, welcome back to blogging! Your boy is so cute! I'm glad we were able to meet last summer at the CAFAC weekend.