Thursday, January 21, 2010

I'm Back!!!

I finally caved and decided to start blogging again. Truth be told, I've missed you guys and I've missed the whole blogging "life". I'm excited to be back!
The last year has been a little crazy but we are finally settling into our new life and happy with where we are. We just moved to Edmonton and while I'm super excited to be here, I sure do miss my Toon Town peeps!
Yonas is one week shy of being 21 months old! Seriously, where did the time go? He is no longer my baby but is now my little boy. And some days the realization of this is hard to take. It's fun to watch him grow and change and learn new things but oh so sad to say goodbye to the baby days. And being that there is a very good chance he will be my only baby, it's even harder. That's life....I heard somewhere at sometime that when you are a parent, the days are long but the years are short and wow how true that is!
So, onto the little man...he is boy, all boy. He is loud and busy and rough and won't sit still for more than 30 seconds at a time. He loves to dance...and yep, he's got moves...moves that I'd like to take credit for teaching him but alas I have no rhythm so I know he didn't get his from me. And hockey....sighhh....I think it's in his blood contrary to what I was hoping. Now don't get me wrong, I actually love hockey...I enjoy watching it on tv and I love going to games, it's just that I was kinda hoping Yonas would lean more towards, soccer or basketball or football. The thing with hockey nowadays is that it is no longer a hobby, it's a lifestyle. And hockey parents can be a little crazy. But, it appears that this lifestyle will soon be mine and I will probably morph into one of those wacky hockey moms screaming obscenities at the refs from the stands. The kid is obsessed with hockey...it's all he talks about, all he wants to play, and it's also the only thing he will actually sit down and watch on tv. So I guess it would be wrong for me to deny him something that he clearly loves.

Here's just a few pics for those of you that haven't seen him since he came home.

I was trying to get a nice picture of him sitting in front of the Christmas tree, as you can see he was a little uncooperative.


His girlfriend. He asks for "Eeya" (Eden) a hundred times a day. Oh and you will notice he got his hair cut...it was very traumatic for me...I cried (really hard) and saved some curls in a ziploc baggie and now I can't wait for his curls to come back.


His first close-up with a horse (and no that toque is not his...although he does look good in pink!)


This was his first time tobogganing and that was seriously his expression all the way down the hill...I think he thought it was the stupidest idea ever.


I am trying to teach this kid to feed himself, but now you can see why I find it far easier, faster, and cleaner to just do it myself. I'm sure by the time he starts school he'll have it all figured out...I hope.


Well, just want to say it feels good to be back...I've missed you all!

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh YAY!!!! So excited you're back on the blogging radar!!! As I said, many of my lurkers will now be your stalkers, LOL!

Eeya, I'm sure is dreaming right now of her little Yoyo!

Hugs,
R

Louise said...

wwoooohhhoooo freeaking hooo!!!!! I for one am so glad to see you back to blogging...missed you to!!! Yonas is cute as ever....you are doing a fabulous job!!
Louise

TJ said...

So glad to see you back! What a handsome little man you have!

Heidi said...

Welcome Back Ricki! I followed your blog when you were in the process of waiting and you gave me so much inspiration... We hit 11 months today. Yonas is one handsome little man. Congrats on the move to Edmonton!

Heidi

shaunak said...

I am so happy to see you blogging again! I hope we can meet up on one of our trips to Edmonton - we go a couple of times/year.
Yonas remains as cute as ever!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Ricki! It's going to be great to follow along with you and Yonas again.

And now we are practically neighbours maybe we'll actually meet IRL one day :-)

hazel

Ramona said...

Welcome back! I've really missed you and your blog, Ricki! And Yonas is such a cute little man- which I knew from back in your old blog and meeting you this summer.
All the best as you settle into your new home.
Ramona

Long Journey Big Dreams said...

Welcome back! I look forward to following your blog again! and love the pictures :)

Shauna said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're blogging again! I hope you're settling into Edmonton.

Carolyn said...

Welcome back!! Missed you! Your boy is cuter than ever. Glad that you are both doing well.


Carolyn

Kim Arpin-Ricci said...

I am so glad you are blogging again. You were in the last few months of waiting for a referral when I started reading adoption blogs and I wondered whether I would ever get to your point. Thanks because it is a nice reminder that this wait does come to an end and it shows it is worth in the end.

Kim

Colleen said...

Hey Ricki - It's so fun to get caught up on what you and Yonas are up to. Man, that little guy is just too cute. Hope you're liking Edmonton ; )

Talk soon!
Colleen

PS: Aaron says "Hi!"

Stephanie said...

Hey Ricki!

Glad to see you and Yonas again. He is super cute! You are going to have the girls knocking down your door when he is older!!

Steph :-)

Brendan and Mary said...

So glad to see you're back!! He is just getting more and more handsome everyday. Hope you guys are doing well in Edmonton :)

Mary

Dianne said...

Welcome back! I'm so glad to be able to keep up with you and Yonas again.

I'll join Hazel in saying, "hi neighbour!" :)

Littleone said...

Welcome back to the blogging world. Your little man is so sweet. I remember Cohen at that age and being totally obsessed about hockey....oh wait, he still is! And, I don't think boys ever learn to eat without making a HUGE mess!

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

That is some impressive yogurt distribution. And I love his expression in the sled!

Glad you are blogging again!

Dancin' Momma said...

Yeah! Welcome back to blogland, and welcome to Edmonton! If you ever want to get our boys together for a playdate let me know. :)

Ranavan said...

Glad you a back blogging - especially now that you live so far away in Edmonton :( but then we can come to Edmonton to see you and go shopping and have fun :)

CinnamonOpus said...

Welcome back to the blogverse! Hope you are enjoying life in Edmonton!

The Hattons... said...

So glad to have you back! And you're close now that you're in Edmonton. Good things come to those of us that wait right?!

Glad you're back. I'll put you on my blog roll so I don't miss the updates.

Lizzard said...

Hey there! I am so glad that you are back! Looking forward to hearing about the continued adventures of your little man :). Liz

Barb said...

Welcome back! Yonas is dreamy! What a sweetheart!!
Barb

emily said...

Yeah! It's so great to see you guys again! Ha, it sounds like I'm seeing you in real life but you know what I mean. Yonas' eyes are unbelievable. The picture at the very top is just stunning. And I also love it b/c Moses has the same turtle shirt!

Anyways, I look forward to watching you guys grow as a family. It seems so long ago I met you at the Weygoss. Makes me want to cry too thinking of how much has changed since then! Oh and I have a ziplock of Mosey's curls too, except I've let them all grow back since then.

andrea said...

Hey Ricki... so nice to "see" you and Yonas again. He is just beautiful - hard to believe the before and after photos that you have in your most recent post! We are super close to each other now - we're just 90 min south in Red Deer! Maybe someday we'll get to touch base in person. A :-)

Keltie said...

Ricki! Welcome back!

Isabelle Boudreau said...

Happy to see you back! Your boy is adorable!!! My blog is now private but if you send me an e-mail I will send you an invite isabellejosee@hotmail.com
Isabelle

Nicky said...

good - I'm glad you are back too!

Nicki

Sharla said...

I'm so glad you're back blogging! I've missed seeing Yonas' sweet face and following along with what's new.

sandi said...

YAY for bloggng again, i've just read it all!!! He is so grown up all of a sudden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!