Monday, June 14, 2010

Elk Island

Summer finally peeked it's little head out this weekend and so yesterday Yoyo and I met some friends out at Elk Island National Park for a picnic and some playtime. It was deliciously warm and summery. I can't say that I was all that impressed with Elk Island. It was okay but the water is absolutely disgusting...I wouldn't even let Yoyo dip his toes in it and that says a lot cuz I'm a pretty lax mom. You could actually SEE the leeches swimming around in the water.

So we spent most of our time playing on the playground. And I mostly got to just sit and relax on the grass while soaking up some rays while I watched Yoyo keep Jay and Eleni busy.

I found this really neat clear plastic backpack at Walmart that comes with a pail, shovel, and a couple other sand toys. It's perfect for Yonas (he has been wearing for 2 days straight) and is so handy for keeping and hauling around the beach toys!


Then on the way home we came across this "little" friend munching on some grass by the side of the road. And up close, these guys are huge and kinda ugly!

But sadly Yonas missed meeting our "little" friend cuz he was lights out about 30 seconds after we started driving.





5 comments:

Dancin' Momma said...

LOL We have that blanket and had that backpack... ours got trashed sadly, but I should get another one. They are awesome!

Glad Yoyo had such a good time!

shaunak said...

My Mom lives right on the border of the park. We'll have to meet up next time I am visiting her! We have really only driven through to look at the bison - I didn't even know there was a playgound there.

Anonymous said...

The outdoors plays these kids out! Looks like fun.

Sherri said...

Sweet little man - miss you all!!
Luv ya Sherri

Hannan Aslam said...

Fascinating and stunning how your post is! It Is Useful and accommodating for me That I like it all that much, and I am anticipating Hearing from your next.. browse this site