Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Just a lipoma

That's what Cassy has. Just a big ol' tumor of fatty tissue that thankfully is non-cancerous. It will most likely need to be surgically removed if it grows much bigger. But the bigger it gets, the more difficult the surgery so I'm thinking maybe after Christmas I'll get it done.

Halloween is just around the corner and although Yoyo is terrified of costumes and the scarier looking halloween decorations, he has been asking me every day to go trick or treating. I'm not looking forward to all the candy...for two reasons, one, I don't need a 2 year old hyped up on sugar for days on end, and two, I don't need my waist to expand anymore!!!
I bit the bullet and bought more halloween decorations for outside today. I wasn't going to but Yoyo was asking about his stolen pumpkin ALL the time so I felt bad. And by golly gee, if someone steals these ones, I am going to snap. So weird that everybody else's halloween decorations on our street have been left untouched.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clearly your decorations were the best ones. And yay, just fat! Don't feel bad, Cassy, I have that problem too. But no one is offering to pay to have MY fat surgically removed.

As for the candy... perhaps you can introduce him to the "candy fairy"... pick a couple of things to keep, put the rest in a bowl on the table and overnight, tada, the candy fairy spirits it away and leaves a little toy instead. worth a shot....

hazel said...

That's great news about Casey.

Perhaps you can donate Yoyo's candy after Halloween - there are some programs around like that, I think. Bolt's toy suggestion is smart.

Anonymous said...

Kris often thinks I have lipoma too, but alas, just chubby spots, it's ok Cassy!!

And yes, hopped up kids on sugar, yahoo, what a fun couple of weeks that will be....

PS. Really meaning to phone you this week, but it has been a crazy week!

Ranavan said...

Oh so glad Cassie is ok!!!!

And as for the candy - could you just give him some a little at time...one or two every couple, three days...then at least he is not eating it all at once.

Karen said...

Great news about Cassy!

As for the trick-or-treating, our little guy was 2 1/2 last Hallowe'en and he had a BLAST going door-to-door. We are awful, chocolate-addicted parents, so Eric got not one item of trick-or-treated food. A couple of neighbours were giving out little toys (those rubbery bugs, and things like that), and those were more than sufficient to make Eric feel like his night was a huge success. Not sure we'll get away with it this year, but Eric's pretty good at accepting very limited portions of "sometimes food", so we'll see.