Wednesday, November 17, 2010

If my kid was white....

...I suppose this is what he'd look like.

Last week I put him down for a nap as per our usual routine. All was quiet so I foolishly assumed he was lights out. That was until about a half hour later I heard "Mommy, open the door!"...which was a weird request, as usually, if he doesn't want to nap he just bangs and hollers. And then when I did open the door, I just about fell over. It took me awhile to figure out what exactly it was he had slathered over his entire face, and then in the back corner of his closet I found the empty container of bum cream. Yes, he had lathered himself in diaper rash ointment! And as you all probably know, this type of cream is a liquid barrier so the bath that followed was a loooong one. It took forever to get him clean...and around his eyes was no fun for anyone involved!

His reaction when he saw himself in the mirror!




The following two pics are backwards. It started off with him doing his "business" in the bathroom, which he prefers to do in private. When I heard the water running I asked him what he was doing and he replied he was washing his hands. So I opened the door to check things out and there he was sitting amongst bubbles galore. Then he took his shirt off so "have a bath in the sink". Ah well, what's a little soap and water all over the bathroom floor?!?!








16 comments:

Brendan and Mary said...

That second picture of him just about killed me! Seriously, it left my husband and I laughing out loud! Even his eyelashes are white! Too freaking funny :)

andrea said...

Those are some of the best pictures ever. I also laughed out loud! Thanks for sharing... A

Anonymous said...

I just snorted my diet Coke. Seriously, could he have smeared it on his arms? Nooo. Had to be the face. Priceless!!

Keltie said...

soooo funny. but i did cringe on the inside when i read that it was diaper rash cream. :-)

emily said...

This is SO hilarious! I can't believe how he covered every single inch on his face! I really needed this laugh so please tell him thanks for me : )

Wow. You have a very busy boy on your hands!

Anonymous said...

OMG, CRACK ME UP!!! What a kid!! I'd make more comments but I'll save those for personal comments on le telephone tonight or tomorrow, must catch up...

Dancin' Momma said...

Yikes! LOL

TJ said...

This made my day - we have had similar experiences but Makeda was never that thorough with her applications :)

Karen said...

OMG - those photos are absolutely priceless. It would have been great to also have a photo of the look on your face when you opened the door. :)

Karen

Jess said...

hee hee!! those pictures are great!!

Connie said...

Wow! Unreal!!! That's some talented kid! One day when he wonders what it would be like to be white... you can show him!

Ranavan said...

Oh ha ha ha!!

Ricki, I can't even imagine what you must have thought when you saw him!!!

The photos are priceless - be sure to save those for his 16th birthday, graduation, wedding day....any day you can!!! Hee!

Ramona said...

Well he definitely as been taught to lotion well! That cream is almost impossible to remove with how well it sticks- what fun... I'm so glad you were a good mommy and photographed this moment!
Ramona

Julie M. said...

Oh my, this is one of the funniest things I have ever seen!!
Sorry to get so much amusement from this, but seriously....you have one funny kid LOL

Sherri said...

LMAO!!!! The photo where he's checking himself out in the mirror with his hands on his face is priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!! Miss you! Sher

Nicky said...

Good lord, that is hil AR ious!!! What a funny guy!!

Nicky
http://rowanfamilytree.com