Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Who is this kid?

Yoyo has been at his new dayhome for two weeks now, and wow, what a change! Before, at the old dayhome, when we got home at the end of the day it was a non-stop battle with multiple trips up to timeout (which is even less fun when you have to carry a fighting, kicking 2 year old up to the second level of the house!). His behaviour was not pleasant and it sucked cause it felt like the few hours I had in the day to spend with him was just more misery than happy. It felt like his mission was to push my every button! But now, he is a new kid! He is happy when I pick him up and now we have FUN! He's in a good mood when we get home and we play and he listens (well, most of the time), and he is just all in all an enjoyable kid again.And we are actually enjoying our evenings together with lots of tickles, laughs, and smiles! Now don't get me wrong, the old dayhome wasn't all bad. He loved it there and asks all the time if he can go there. And I know she adored him and treated him like one of her own. But I think it was the whole structure thing...she's not much into a routine with her kids and they kind of have run of the house. She's the parent that lets her kids run around the restaurant and thinks it's cute. To make a long story short, we just have different ideas when it comes to raising kids. I feel sooo much better about things now. I have a happy and enjoyable kid again which makes me a very happy mommy!
And just a couple of snapshots of the little dude cuz what's a post without at least one or two pics of the little ones?!?!






1 comment:

june said...

Glad your evenings are going more smoothly - it's brutal to deal with behaviour when you are already exhausted from your day.

I love the dog paws sticking into the second photo... :)