Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Bits & Bites

No pictures for this post...it seems nowadays I can barely find time to take a pee let alone be a photographer. Which is sad cuz I think it is really important to take lots of pictures of Lil' Yoyo while he is growing up so fast.
I'm into my second week of school and wouldn't you know it I've already gained almost 5lbs! If I keep going at this rate I'm going to be in big trouble (pun intended). I guess that's what happens when you no longer go to the gym every morning, and instead of chasing after a toddler all day, you sit in front of a computer.
As for Yoyo, he still cries when I drop him off in the mornings. Please son, for my sanity, stop doing that. It is sooo hard to walk away from your baby when he is crying for you.
The kid can throw a ball, hit a ball with bat, take a sweet golf swing and actually connect with the ball, and his slaphshots in hockey are definitely something to brag about....however, academically, he's having a hard time catching onto things. As for colors, everything is green...doesn't matter how many times we go back and forth that Elmo is red, when I ask Yonas, he's always "geeen". And counting is always "two, heee, gooooo!". Once again, I go over counting up to 5 and it's a no go for the little man.
And while I think education is important, I'm thinking instead of his college fund, I'm going to have to switch it over to a sports equipment/expense fund.

4 comments:

Dancin' Momma said...

Glad school is going so well!
No worries, your man will just became an NHL superstar, its all good. :)

Connie said...

He sounds so much like Kumera. Kumera excels in the physical activity department, but couldn't care less about things like numbers, letters and colors etc. For the longest time all colours had the same name too, as in they were all pink for a couple of weeks, then they all became orange for a few weeks, etc.

Maybe we'll have to put them on the same sports team! :)

hazel said...

Ricki, I'm doing some comment-catchup myself.

Congrats on your successful return to school. I'm sure the rocky daycare mornings will get better soon.

And I'll bet Yonas catches up with his colours, his numbers, ALL of it, in no time!

Sherri said...

Love the update! I'm sorry it's hard in the mornings :( You're such a fun mom is all ;) Sherri