Saturday, July 24, 2010

One Week Down!

Yonas and I survived the first week at school. When I drop him off at the babysitter's in the mornings he cries and clings to my legs which makes me feel like a big ol' sack of poo. But when I go to pick him up at the end of the day, he is running around, happy as can be and just wants to stay and play.
For me, school is going good. I really like it so far. I've already completed 2 courses way ahead of time and did really well on the tests so I'm happy! But oh my is life busy now. Gone are the days of staying in my pj's until noon, drinking coffee and reading the paper. I was so relieved for the weekend to arrive, which is weird cuz I can't remember the last time in my life where the weekend was different than any other day(s) of the week.

Last weekend Yonas and I drove out to my parents cabin to spend a few days. It was so nice and relaxing but it really made me realize what a mama's boy Yonas is (which selfishly makes me smile). And he is a big chicken poop! He doesn't like/want to do anything out of the ordinary. My dad hooked up a trailer on the back of the quad to take the kids for a ride and Yonas would NOT get in so I had to climb in with him. And even just getting him to sit on the quad when it wasn't even running was a challenge. But you will see in the pictures he finally relaxed a little. And then there was the beach...the kid wouldn't get close to the water and spent the whole time laying on a towel in the shade. He's kind of an "unfun" kid. Ahhh, I'm sure that will change.








My dad built a zipline out at the cabin. The kids had a blast on it...super cool!

Well, Yonas is napping and I have a movie night out with girls tonight so I better run and get some things done around the house!

3 comments:

andrea said...

I have to say, congrats on surviving the first week of school... but mostly I wanted to comment to say, seriously, a zip line at the cabin!! Too cool. I think I need to be chatting with my dad about the amenities at their place :-) A

Anonymous said...

Trust me, the chicken kids are a lot easier on mom's nervous system. Think of the heart attacks you are avoiding by not having a daredevil... ;)

Glad to hear school is going well! Good for you!

Shauna said...

Good to hear school is going well for you Ricki! That zip line looks like a lot of fun!! I'm pretty sure I would want to play with the kidlets on that!!