Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Big Boy Bed!

Friends of ours gave us this little toddler bed that their son had grown out of. I set it up a few days ago in Yoyo's room and tonight I am taking the big plunge and am going to start "training" him to sleep in his new bed. I'd like to keep him in his crib cuz let's be honest, it's a lot easier and he goes to sleep really easily in it. BUT, I've noticed a couple of times him making somewhat feeble attempts to get out. Also, I don't want him to start thinking of his race car bed as a place to play and jump around before he's learned to sleep in it. Add to that that I am desperately hoping that this will help him learn to sleep through the night. He still falls asleep with a bottle (say nothing you judgers whose children have naturally learned to sleep through the night on their own...you know who you are :) ) and I think when he wakes up he "needs" a bottle to fall back asleep as he hasn't learned to fall asleep without one.
So yeah, I'm a little terrified at what the next few nights will have in store for me...Yoyo is one super persistent little dude and I know he will put up a good fight. So the plan is to keep a glass of wine close by and hope that I can out persist him putting him back in bed a million times over. Yeah, wish me luck.







We've had a busy last week. We've had a couple of playdates, gone tobogganing, went out for supper with one of my toon town peeps and her husband, took Yoyo skating again, and due to the fact that I don't have a babysitter yet, Yoyo even accompanied us to our friends house where we watched the UFC (and he stayed up and was happy the whole time...well except for when he got put in timeout for throwing a car on their glass coffee table...and the kid has got a really good arm so lets just say he's lucky I didn't have to pay for a new table out of his bank account!). This week we don't have much planned but the weather is supposed to be really nice so I'm sure we will spend a lot of time outside.

7 comments:

Ranavan said...

Oh that bed is so cute!!!!

Looks like he likes but I guess the trick is getting him to like it enough to sleep in it ;)

And can I just say how adorable he is..as always!

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

Cute little bed. I'd sleep in that for sure!!

Good luck with that sleep training stuff. Sounds scary.... :)

Brendan and Mary said...

He is going to look so cute sleeping in that little bed! The wine sounds like a necessity in this process :) Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Auntie's big boy! He looks such like a little man in that big boy bed. C'mon kid, give your mom a break and go to sleep all night like your girlfriend. Mommy needs her beauty sleep. (not that you NEED it, it's just nice to have)

Dancin' Momma said...

Gotta love the car beds! D Dae has one and LOVES it! I am also fully expecting to get TD his own car bed when the time comes.

Oh, and sorry to say the key for getting TD to sleep through the night was keeping him awake while he drank his bottle. It was really hard the first week, and it still took almost a month, but now we are sleeping through the night. If you want more details on exactly what I did, just let me know.

This week is a little nutty for me, but what is next week like for you? Try for that playdate again?

K_I_T_ said...

Too cute. And litte Yo looks so much more grown up with his hair cut!!!
I have a great solution to get litte Yo to sleep thru the nite. It worked wonders for me.

GRAVOL!!!!(totally joking!)

I hope that he feels like a big boy and will sleep like a big boy in his new super cute bed....

emily said...

So cute!!! What a big boy?
My only question is, can he open doors? I know I'd have to barricade moses in or else he'd be all over our house in the middle of the night!

Good-luck! I'm sure he will figure it out in no time.