Monday, February 8, 2010

Happy Forever Day Yoyo!

It has now been a full year since you were handed into my arms and I got to take you with me forever. We've had a crazy year full of ups and downs but we are settled into a really good place now and I can't imagine being happier. I have not only learned alot about who you are but I've also learned alot about who I am. Being a mommy is more challenging than I thought, but also more rewarding than I could have ever imagined. You are growing and changing so fast and I know that this next year will fly by just as fast as this last one did and so I really need to cherish this time. So here's to another year together!







This was the first smile you gave me :) Now I'm lucky enough to get them every day.


Laying in bed watching you sleep in your little crib beside me was surreal. It was hard for me to grasp the fact that you were finally here and we were together at last.

11 comments:

Carolyn said...

Happy Forever Day! Wow that year went by fast. I am glad that you are cherishing every moment with your special little man.


Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Sometimes don't you just want to pinch yourself. It seems like you were just waiting for him, and now a whole year has gone by with Y. Cheers to a year of goodness!

Kendra said...

Happy 1st Anniversay of your Forever Day! He is gorgeous!

Dancin' Momma said...

Happy Forever Family Day!!! It still amazes me daily how much kids change everything. :)

Ramona said...

I so remember waiting for him to come home... following your journey as we waited to find out who our kids would be... And now he's been with you a whole year. That is happy news! I'm glad you're back to blogging and that you have settled into a new normal as a family of Yonas and you. He's such a treasure.
Ramona

Julie M. said...

Happy forever day! That picture of him sleeping is adorable.

Jess said...

I can't believe it has been a year already!! Wow! Glad to hear you're settling in to your new place!

Karen said...

Happy Forever Day!

Karen T.

Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said...

HAPPY FOREVER DAY! I was soooo excited to be able to get on your blog and see how you are doing. I had been asking Rhonda in the past. Great to hear from you and glad all is well. Yonas is more adorable than EVER!!!!!!

Connie said...

Happy one year anniversary!!! Doesn't it feel great!

Anonymous said...

Happy Forever Day, Ricki and Yonas!!

And I'm happy you have your dogs back.

hazel