Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sleep and Such

Thought I'd do a little update on the sleeping thing. Surprisingly, it's worked really well. I even took down his crib today (sniff, sniff). After the first awful night, he has gone to bed at night without getting up once. He is still up once or twice during the night but even that has improved A LOT. Although, I am finding it creepy to wake up with a little face only inches from mine. He doesn't say anything, just stares at me. Weirdo! Naptime has been a bit longer of a transition but today he only got up once.


This video is from this morning (seriously, it's the best way to wake up...he crawls into bed with me and the dogs and chatters away while giving us kisses). I wanted to get him while he was talking cuz it seriously is super cute. Anyway, he was drinking my crystal light which was fine, but as I went to turn on the light he dumped the whole thing on the bed. What the heck? I know the kid does numerous things throughout the day seemingly just to tick me off but THIS? And then I watched the video....he was actually trying to feed it to Cassy. You have to watch really close to catch it (right when the light comes on you'll see him put the bottle to Cassy's lips). Anyway, today was declared laundry day nonetheless.

6 comments:

The Turgeon Expansion said...

That's it, you no longer have yourself a baby. He's a big boy. Oh wow, I can't beleive the crib is gone. Wowsers. Isn't he still like that 3 month old baby from referral????

Dancin' Momma said...

That is awesome news! I wish my kids were that easy! LOL :)

Dianne said...

Ok... that video cracks me up! So true to life... :)

Julie M. said...

What a big boy :) I couldn't help but laugh at your reaction. I could hear the "oh boy" in your voice.

june said...

Oh that's good... about the sleeping that is, not the impromptu laundry day. Sigh. I shouldn't tell you this, but we still have impromptu laundry days for various reasons at age almost-7...

Shauna said...

Good to hear the transition from crib to bed is working out, but slow down Yonas!, don't grow up so fast!!! LOL