Thursday, February 18, 2010

Living In Perfect Harmony...Almost

The dogs have been here just over a week now and all seems to be going well. The first couple of days Yonas thought Abby's name was "Abby Down" being that is what he heard me saying to her all the time. He was also a little annoyed at having his personal space invaded constantly. But now the three of them have seem to come to an understanding amongst each other. Yonas is getting used to all the kisses and now even puckers up for them and the dogs are loving following him around all day.







And Abby, who would eat herself to death if given the chance, loves when it's Yonas' mealtime as he likes to share with her...now I know where all his veggies are disappearing to. Oh and you'll notice he eats his toast with a fork...the kid hates getting his fingers dirty.




So yeah, I guess I'm pretty lucky at how well the transition has gone...Yonas has learned to tolerate them and they have been really good at letting him bug them even when they are eating. As for me, I'm happy...just readjusting to the daily woes of poop scooping and vacumming up dog hair!

6 comments:

Jess said...

awww.. too cute. I'm hoping the girls like my dog that much too!

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

Sigh. Vacuuming up dog hair and picking up dog poop. My life story.

:)

Dancin' Momma said...

Even with the woes of poop and hair, I still wish we could get a puppy. Hopefully soon! Your dogs are super cute!

Janice said...

I just came across your blog. I don't why I didn't find it sooner. I remember your original blog, your first trip to E., waiting for a referral, finally getting a referral. How nice it is to see a glimpse of life with Yonas... And he is such a cutie.

Janice

Anonymous said...

oh the dog hair... those labs and lab mixes are the power shedders of the dog world, that's for sure. Glad the troops are all getting used to each other!

Brendan and Mary said...

So cute! Sounds like they've all adjusted really well.