Sunday, March 28, 2010

23 Months!!!

Well my dear boy, today you are 23 months old. Only one more month of being 1 and then we officially state your age in years instead of months. You are growing into a sweet, funny, charming, persistent, talkative, busy, loving young boy. No surprise your favourite thing is still hockey. Dancing isn't as popular with you as it once was. And now you are also getting into baseball. You enjoy looking at books more than you have in the past. And you still refuse to watch tv for longer than 10 seconds. While that is a good thing, some days mommy really yearns for some lazy afternoons of cuddling on the couch watching a disney movie with you. In time I guess.
With the nicer weather now, you want to spend ALL day outside. You wake up in the morning, put your boots on and are at the back door begging to go out. Throughout the day you are in the backyard playing as much as possible. At the end of the day when it is time for your bath and snack, you put up a pretty good fight when it's time to go inside. I have to say I am pretty happy that you would rather be playing outside than glued to the tv inside :)
You talk, and talk, and talk. We go for walks and for the whole hour you are babbling non-stop. Sometimes I can understand what you are saying and sometimes I can't. You can now recall events and tell me about them.
You are funny. You like to act silly and make us laugh. You also like to tease...especially the dogs. You like to "tell" jokes and then laugh at yourself. I love that you have a sense of humour.
And while you can be very persistent and really test my patience some days, you are a sweet loving boy and I think I am the luckiest mommy in the world to have you.










6 comments:

andrea said...

I love the third photo... what an expression. This is a wonderful tribute to your little guy... the changes, the moment. Happy 23 months! A

The Turgeon Expansion said...

Hee, hee, the Hugh Heffner robe makes me giggle every time :) Happy 1 year, 11 month b-day little boy! Onwards to 2!

Connie said...

What a sweet boy! Almost 2... they grow up so fast!

That is good that he doesn't want to watch all day long, unlike my boy, who has been glued to TV since the day we got him (at 7 months of age!)

Shauna said...

Ahhh, he is growing so fast, and is soooo cute!!! Happy 23 mths Yonas!

emily said...

He is so beautiful! I can't believe he will be two so soon! Wow!

And where did you get that adorable robe?????? It is so stinkin' cute.

hazel said...

Those last 2 pictures are priceless of your little man.

Happy 23rd month, Yonas. I can't believe you are turning 2 next month!