Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spring is springing!

The last couple of days have been really nice...so nice that Yoyo and I can play in the backyard without hats and mittens and me being completely miserable cuz I am a big suck when it comes to being cold. I can hardly wait until winter is over...I hate winter. Plain and simple. I could lay in the hot sun all day, every day. And hopefully in a couple of months I will be doing just that while Yoyo brings me cold drinks and fans my face when needed ;)
Just a few pics from today.





Last night I peeked in on Yoyo before I went to bed and this is how I found him. Kinda looks like he was out on a bender....hmmmm.


This morning we met up with our buddies Dom, Taye, Tye and their mommies for a little swimming playdate. The boys are so cute together. I am so happy that Yoyo has 2 little ethio buddies to grow up with and also to have Dom for a surrogate big bro! I can just imagine the trouble that they will stir up in a few years!
Yonas is still going to bed like a little champ but he's still not sleeping through the night and has decided that he wants to be the early bird that gets the worm. I'm trying to convince him that the worms aren't even out at 6AM but it is appearing as though our days of staying in bed until 9 or sometimes even 10 are gone.


5 comments:

Brendan and Mary said...

A cutie like that is definitely going to get into some trouble when he grows up! I can totally relate to hating winter. The last couple of weeks I have thought about the whole winter thing and kids numerous times...I know I'm going to have to suck it up, but really...it's absolutely insane!!!

Mary

Dancin' Momma said...

After we got out of the pool, Taye cried and cried and cried because he was so cold. He didn't stop until I had him completely dressed in everything including his coat and shoes. So you have one big supporter in the group for the anti-cold thing!!! :) Dom loves winter though, wants to be a snow boarder. Trouble? Oh yeah the boys are going to be getting into lots of trouble together! LOL

Anonymous said...

Ok, Eden just licked the computer screen trying to kiss Yonas! And she finally said his name...

ok, more like....

"Yo-ee, Yo-ee, Yo-ee, Yo-ee" (sounds so sweet though!!)

And we'll have these 2 trained in a night to get us cold ones out of the fridge, LOL!!

Connie said...

Yay for spring! Come on spring! I'm a suck when it comes to winter too!

Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said...

Ricki !!!!!

WOW I didn't even know you had a blog again and always wondered how things were going !!

LOVED to catch up on things and WOW Yonas has grown sooo much !!!!

I can't remember if you have access to my blog or that you even knew but we had two other boys since we brought home the girls.... anyways I'm going to try to email you but if you don't get my email or that you changed email addresses, you should email me at lisagoguen19@yahoo.ca so we can catch up...

Lisa