Monday, March 29, 2010

A Good Neighbour...

...can be hard to come by these days. But thanks to a thoughtful young man, this little pooch has her best buddy back with her.

And this little trouble maker is back home safe and sound.


Yonas and I had just come back from the gym and while I was unloading our bags out of the car, a neighbour from a few doors down called out to me asking if I had 2 dogs. Apparently he had seen Abby running down the street and so called her over. He kept her in his backyard until I returned. He had even gone back to our yard to try and bring Cassy to his house too for fear that she would run off too but she wouldn't come with him. So he sat by his window to watch and make sure she didn't get out too. This is the same young man that helped Craig shovel out his truck this winter after the snow plowers buried it. It is so nice to see such thoughtfulness, especially in a big city where people have a tendency to keep to themselves. Tomorrow I am off to buy a thank you card and a Timmy's gift card.

2 comments:

Dancin' Momma said...

Ahhhh see that is what nice community and neighbours are about, not the nastiness we encountered when we tried to help someone's lost pooch.

Happy your kiddos are safe and sound!

The Turgeon Expansion said...

Very nice! How did she get out? See, it's always Abby! Never my other girl....